Work in Belleville (County D to Richard Street):
- Work is completed, and the road is opened!
Work in the reconstruction (Richard Street to Paoli):
- Grading operations continue as the contractors build the new roadway core and side roads
- Roadway aggregates
- Salvaged topsoil, landscaping
- The construction zone is filled with materials, equipment and contractors working and moving in multiple directions throughout the stretch of roadway. The travel way may be narrow, bumpy, dusty or muddy.
- Anticipated completion is early October
STH 69 is closed to thru traffic. Access is allowed for residents and businesses have an origin or destination on the project. Travel through the construction zone is for residents who live on this section of HWY 69, school busses, and emergency personnel. It is recommended to use your closest access to STH 69 to get to a driveway. The lanes are narrow as crews work on and through the existing roadbed. Large trucks need to use appropriate truck routes. Please slow down, obey any flagging operations, and stop for all construction equipment, as they have the right-of-way.
A signed detour route is posted and follows WIS 92, WIS 78 and US 18/151.
Project Website: https://projects.511wi.gov/wis69/
If you have any comments or questions, please reach out to Kim Ballweg at 608.212.5191 or ballwegk@AyresAssociates.com.
We appreciate and thank you for your patience and understanding throughout the construction season!!