Work in Belleville (County D to Richard Street):
- Water main work is completed
- New concrete curb ramps and sidewalks were constructed at the intersections.
- New Rapid Flashing Beacon for crosswalk at Karl Avenue
- Topsoil and landscaping work
- Milling of the pavement from CTH D to Richard Street will begin after Memorial Day
- Asphalt Paving, pavement marking and permanent signing will occur in June
Work in the reconstruction (Richard Street to Paoli):
- Existing topsoil is being stripped off.
- Grading operations will continue over the next several months as the contractors build the new roadway core.
- Roadway aggregates
- Culvert pipe installation
- Box Culvert Installation
- The construction zone is filled with materials, equipment and contractors working and moving in multiple directions throughout the stretch of roadway. The travel way may be narrow, bumpy, dusty or muddy.
STH 69 is closed to thru traffic. Access is allowed for residents and businesses have an origin or destination on the project. Travel through the construction zone is for residents who live on this section of HWY 69, school busses, and emergency personnel. It is recommended to use your closest access to STH 69 to get to a driveway. The lanes are narrow as crews work on and through the existing roadbed. Large trucks need to use appropriate truck routes. Please slow down, obey any flagging operations, and stop for all construction equipment, as they have the right-of-way.
A signed detour route is posted and follows WIS 92, WIS 78 and US 18/151.
Project Website: https://projects.511wi.gov/wis69/
If you have any comments or questions, please reach out to Kim Ballweg at 608.212.5191 or ballwegk@AyresAssociates.com.
We appreciate and thank you for your patience and understanding throughout the construction season!!