Spring wet weather has slowed progress somewhat, but a nice stretch of weather appears in the forecast this week!
CTH PB at STH 69 in Paoli with close completely to traffic on June 6th. Message boards are in place today for advanced warning. The detour is posted. Work will begin to build the new roundabout in the coming weeks.
Construction Update for STH 69 and the upcoming weeks:
- Existing topsoil is being stripped off.
- Grading operations are occurring and will continue over the next several months as the contractors build the new roadway core.
- Building of the subgrade and lower rock layers has begun south of Riverside Drive
- Installation of new drainage culvert pipes continues
- Utility work continues south of Paoli to Belleville
STH 69 is closed to thru traffic. Access is allowed for residents and businesses have an origin or destination on the project. It is highly suggested to use your closest access to STH 69 to get to a driveway. Large trucks need to use appropriate truck routes. The lanes are narrow as crews work on and through the existing roadbed. Please slow down, and the construction crew has the right-of-way.
A signed detour route is posted and follows WIS 92, WIS 78 and US 18/151.
Project Website: https://projects.511wi.gov/wis69/
If you have any comments or questions, please reach out to Kim Ballweg at 608.212.5191 or ballwegk@AyresAssociates.com.
Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout the construction season.