The cold, snowy weather is making construction a little more difficult. Despite the weather, crews are making progress.
A couple of photos of recent work.
Construction Update for STH 69 and the upcoming weeks:
Work in Belleville (County D to Richard Street):
- Water main construction continues. There are 2 crews installing water main.
- During this work, STH 69 will be down to 1-lane under flagging conditions.
- Periodic water shut offs may occur, and Village staff will provide notification.
- Curb and curb ramp construction to start.
Work in the reconstruction (Richard Street to Paoli):
- Clearing and grubbing is completed.
- Milling of the existing asphalt pavement has begun and will continue over the next week.
- Existing topsoil will be stripped off to begin grading for the new roadway.
- Grading operations are anticipated to begin and will continue over the next several months as the contractors build the new roadway core.
- Utility work continues along the route.
STH 69 is closed to thru traffic. Access is allowed for residents and businesses have an origin or destination on the project. It is highly recommended to use your closest access to STH 69 to get to a driveway. Large trucks need to use appropriate truck routes. The lanes are narrow as crews work on and through the existing roadbed. Please slow down, obey any flagging operations. The construction crew has the right-of-way.
A signed detour route is posted and follows WIS 92, WIS 78 and US 18/151.
Project Website: https://projects.511wi.gov/wis69/
If you have any comments or questions, please reach out to Kim Ballweg at 608.212.5191 or ballwegk@AyresAssociates.com.
We appreciate and thank you for your patience and understanding throughout the construction season!!